History

hammer In 1860, J.E. Hammer & Söhne was founded in Geringswalde, Saxony, by Johannes Ephraim Hammer. After the Second World War and attempts of rebuilding the enterprise in former East Germany, the company was re-established by the 4th family generation in Pforzheim in 1952.

New technical methods, promising contacts for the purchase of diamonds and precious stones, innovative design, visionary and entrepreneurial thinking as well as commitment to worldwide sales led to the company’s success. Having excellent international contacts, the company grew steadily ever since its foundation in Pforzheim. The acquisition of enterprises, protection of trademarks and brands, joint ventures and the foundation of new branches worldwide followed. Beginning of 1999 international jewellery experienced investors joined in. Time was right for adjusting to international challenges and securing long-time growth.

The group headquarter is based in Pforzheim, having the worldwide responsibility for Marketing & Sales, Product Management, Design & logistics as well as Controlling & EDP.